re: Interesting Insider article on the expansion draft

The Celtics should protect: Pierce, Banks, Perkins, LaFrentz, Welsch, Hunter,
Battie, Jumaine James (Substitution: Baker for Battie).

Unprotected: Kedrick Brown, Baker, McCarty, Blount, Mike James.

Williams and Mills are free agents.

And the Hornets select: Either Blount, Brown, or Battie.

And the Celtics machinations: A first and cash for the Bobcats to take and waive Baker,
with the Celtics re-signing him as a free agent, if that's allowed. That way you ditch his contract, but retain his services.
Ray