Re: Brevin Knight

At 04:02 PM 11/6/2003, Berry, Mark S wrote:
I was against a Battie-for-Knight swap, but I'd be thrilled to pick him up
for virtually nothing. How about Chris Mills and a second-rounder?

Can't do it. Mills makes 6.6MM, Knight 5MM even. Trade exemption lets us take on more salary to balance a trade, not give more away. And there's the luxury tax implications of almost another 2MM in salary. Other than that, honestly not a bad idea - that's not intended as sarcasm, although it might sound that way.

Kim