Re: question for outside Boston on Directv

I live in Florida and have the League Pass on DirecTV.  Absent those games
on TNT, ABC, and ESPN, (NBATV is included free on DirecTV with the Pass),
you would get every Celtics game NOT broad cast on a local channel.  For
example, when the C's play the Orlando Magic, I have to watch on the local
channel IN FLORIDA that televises the game.

I have NO IDEA if any NBA team has a "claim" on the North Carolina sports
market.  If so, all that means is for that particular team, you watch the
"home" broadcast.  You get every other Celtics game, since FSNE has a deal
to locally broadcast ALL Celtics games.

The League Pass may occasionally give you the game from the POV of the
other team's broadcast--like last season when the C's played in Minnesota,
or New York.  But you still get the game, and if you miss Tommy's analysis,
just groan at some of the slower sets and yell at the refs.  :>)

The Pass isn't as good a deal as it used to be, what with the multiple
networks taking games, so I believe they should cut the price (I got a
great, though convoluted, deal this past summer), but if you enjoy watching
the C's and can't get FSNE as a local broadcast, this is good.

PS-they may HAVE FSNE as part of the sports package, but plan on the actual
Celtics games being blacked out.  But you WILL have access to pre/post game
commentary.

Hope this helps.

At 11:06 AM 11/3/03 -0500, Bob Strauss wrote:

>With the C's playing a more exiting game, I'm thinking of signing up for
>the Directv package.
>I live in North Carolina: are the games televised here (i.e. outside
>Boston) or are about 80% of them NOT shown due to local TV and
>restrictions. In other words, I'd be doing 90% of my viewing of the
>Celtics games, and want to be sure I'll get the games.
>
>Thanks,
>Bob Strauss
>strauss@xxxxxxx

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle