Re: There is an opportunity with Miami

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>

> The reports out of Miami say the Heat are actively shopping the fifth pick
> in the draft and have targeted Shareef Abdur Rahim. The team trading for
the
> pick will have to take back either Brian Grant or Eddie Jones.
>
> Assuming T.J. Ford is there with the fifth pick, doesn't an Antoine for
> Grant and Ford trade make sense for both teams?.........

> Anyway, doesn't this seem like a good, fair deal? Am I crazy?

Mark, you know how I feel about Brian Grant. I can't wait to see the Celtics
make that trade. But why would the Heat go after Antoine if they can get
SAR?  They've targeted SAR for a reason. I assume they could just as easily
target Antoine, and Riley has made "nice-nice" about him in the past. So I
can only assume that, 1. Antoine's value has fallen into the tank, or B.
People are actually taking the "I'm not trading Antoine," quote from Ainge
seriously, because, he's serious about it. From everything Ainge has ever
said about Antoine in the past don't you have to agree that he'd make the
trade you suggested in a heart beat if it was sitting there? Now maybe the
whole SAR trade info is wrong. Who knows. But Riley doesn't seem to want
Antoine and, I know it's early, but if he doesn't, Walker's value has gone
very, very deeply into the tank. It certainly can't be option "B," can it?
You wouldn't think so.

Let me be the first to say, I love Brian Grant.

Paul M.