Re: Analogy to the Stackhouse trade

In a message dated 5/27/2003 7:51:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Celtics-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> As for the Dumars piece... you know, the Stackhouse trade is a good
> comparison for Antoine. All the experts thought the Wizards got the best of
> that trade. But the Pistons traded a guy who didn't fit into the team
> picture for a guy with less talent who did-and they improved. Stackhouse
> probably handles Rip Hamilton in one-on-one, but Hamilton was a better fit
> for the Pistons. I'm guessing we'd see a similar result with an Antoine
> trade (no, Paul, not for Damon Stoudamire). I don't know what the deal is,
> but it's out there.
>
> Mark

I agree Mark.... and no, I don't mean that in the incessant Snide-a-thon way.
 I thought Antoine was improved (stats notwithstanding) this year.  I've
mentioned before that I only catch the Cs on nationally televised games, but
Antoine seemed to play more within himself this year.  That said, I think your
analogy to the Stackhouse trade is a good one, and I believe that he could fetch
someone(s) who'd fit better.  I know it was not offered up as serious trade
fodder, but I think that Indiana is deep and talented, and yes, I think Isaiah
Lord Thomas is a crappy coach.  Unfortunately, I don't think Donnie Walsh is a
crappy GM, so I don't think they'd do it.  Seriously though, it could be a
win-win for both teams.