Draft mockery (bigs)

Continuing from my last overlong post ...

The big man pick is even trickier. It'll be real
intriguing to see if Boston takes a flyer on
Podkolzin, if he's still there. Seems like he could be
a huge bust, but the Cs would have to be intrigued by
his size. Magical Mister Sofokleez is in a similar
boat; he may have more upside, but I haven't seen any
raves that the kid can definitely play. His height may
not be the most relevant issue given that he doesn't
turn 18 until next month and so will keep growing.

That leaves guys like Collison, West and Cook (which I
believe is also the name of the law firm that handled
Dennis Rodman's divorce). Personally I find I keep
gravitating toward Collison, given his fundamental
soundness and track record; like with Gaines, I'll be
disappointed if the Celtics pass. West is the better
athlete, but his lack of size scares me, though I
guess his wingspan and jumping ability are more
important than an extra inch or two. Cook is taller
than West, but West actually outshines him in several
key stats - boards, blocks and three-point percentage.
Cook prides himself on outside shooting, which Obie
will love, but he shot just 30% on treys last year -
shades of you-know-who. Choosing between Cook and
West, I'd weigh heavily the fact that the Big 10 is a
much tougher conference than the Atlantic 10; and on
the other hand, everyone says West is aggressive and
questions Cook's desire.