Walker..not great. (we covered this already)

In a message dated 5/26/2003 9:54:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Celtics-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Tell me, what power forwards would you rather have than Antoine?  Certainly
> Webber and Garnett come to mind.  Malone - I would say he is too old.
> Jermaine O'Neal I would take.  Who else?

Hey I posted an answer to this exact question many digests ago:

There are many PF that rate above Walker:
Young studs like:
Kenyon Martin
Amare Stoudamaire
Dirk

Veterans like:
Tim Duncan
Webber
Ben Wallace
J'O Neal
Rasheed Wallace
Shareef  Abdur-Rahim

I am sure folks on this list would also take many PF with potential.

I for one would trade for Darko, Gasol, or Curry straight up over Walker...

I am sure even Chandler  would be unavailable in a trade for him.

And that list is CHARITABLE..those players are clearly better.
Other folks are better PF like Brian Grant..etc.

Stromile Swift might be a player you could get for Walker.

Hey I don't hate Walker.. But like I said before he :
1) Isn't that good (He is a very inefficent scorer and a mediocre rebounder)
2) Isn't that unique.(Many of the players on this list are just as if not
MORE versatile then Walker)

Finally what is most damning about Walker is this:
He fails in the big three skills a PF needs.
He doesn't rebound well, he can't block shots, and he doesn't score
efficently.
Thats the golden standard for a PF.. Kevin Mchale is a prime example.

Tony Battie is the only true PF on the Celtics. AW should be compared to
small forwards. That is what he is, IMHO.

Sure your gonna say AW is way more talented the x, y, or z.
And that he is a "winner". Let me save you the debate. He didn't win before
PP came to town, and if he is more talented it doesn't show in results. I do
like Walker's heart and I actually like his wise ass personality a bit. The guy
has grown on me.

But a great player? Nope. He is fairly average for his position. Only a few
teams would trade for him over the PF they have.

Pete