Re: Leave Obie alone!!

Hogwash, Mr Beagle. I'm not interested in your political opinions either nor
your opinions about of free speech. What you think about the Cs next season is
all I'm interested in.

Progaganda is usually when referred with governments is usually taken in a
disparaging sense,  as of a body of distortions and half-truths calculated to
bias one's judgement or opinions. The later of the above sentence is directly
from a dictionary because I'm just not that smart. I looked it up just to make
sure I was correct. But as you stated earlier today, why argue about word
meanings and politics when they are so many better things to do?

Some message boards have a monitor to keep people on topic and prevent stupid
discussions like politics that never change anyone minds. If you think it
adds flavor during the off-season, might I suggest firing up the barbecue? I know
I can just hit delete on stupid, non-value added e-mails but why allow
someone to destroy what is a good product? Some people on this list are refugees
from other boards for a reason. But that isn't my job, that is Paul M's job and I
won't comment further. You can talk about free speech and bring the troops
home and right wing conspiracies all you want....

DJessen33

<It's not unpatriotic to say that our government puts out propaganda.  It
does.  That's not a value judgement, nor is it inherently good or bad.  It
just IS.  It's HOW propaganda is used that makes a difference.  The
government air dropped pamphlets before going into Iraq to encourage Iraqi
soldiers to lay down their arms.  That's propaganda.

And if you're going to make an issue of someone's patriotism, why
Eggy?  She's expressing her opinion in a peaceful manner, not advocating
anything violent, and not trying to prevent anyone else from expressing
their view.  I disagree with the notion that any form of real or perceived
criticism of the government is unpatriotic.  We SHOULD question what we
disagree with, so that a free and open discussion can take place to let the
people decide if there needs to be a change in some way or other.

This freedom of speech is among the rarest of freedoms anywhere in the
world.  Do some people take it too far?   Yes.  But that's part of the
price paid for having the freedom in the first place.  This freedom of
Eggy's to speak is balanced by your freedom to disagree with her.  As Harry
Chapin said, "That sounds like America to me".

As far as political opinions being off topic for a Celtics
list?  Probably.  But so far as I can see, the list is currently divided
between two major groups--those who play virtual GM and those who are not
so inclined and would like to talk about something else.  Problem is,
there's not much directly Celtics-related going on right now.  So there's
bound to be a little wandering topic-wise.  Things will settle back as the
actual draft approaches.  Then, there'll be summer camp, which Vin Baker's
presence might make more interesting than it usually is.  After that,
there'll be the preparations for the new season.  So why not add a little
variety when things are otherwise slow for Our Team?>