Re: espn draft news

In a message dated 5/27/03 12:46:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
damekmo@teleport.com writes:

> Douglas, what about Way's "sources?" Doesn't Egg have "sources" also? I seem
> to remember something about Egg mentioning "sources" when I came back
> on-list. Anyway, we know
> that Way has made contact with Danny. We know that Way has made his feelings
> known. We know that "sources" have told Danny about Way. I'm sure Danny has
> huddled with Way over drinks.

-------------Perhaps (and this is just a guess) Way IS Danny Ainge???
 Here's a recent quote from Way: "So, there's

> lots of trading-up possibilities for Ainge, who needs to be proactive in
> this off-season." There. Sounds simple to me. Danny knows what he has to do.
> Is it possible he disagrees? That little bastard!!

-----------Knowing that the GM has to take action!  Wow, talk about insider
stuff!  I mean, that's usually more of a secret than nuclear release code.  We
all thought that Ainge's job is to sit around with Way and obfuscate!  Boy,
were we wrong.  I bet Way/Danny soon breaks another story:  that if Antoine is
with the Cs next year, the team wants him to come in in shape!  Still standing
up?  Try this:  Ainge hopes Vin Baker can contribute!  OK, enough surprises
for one day.
 - Doug