Re: Tidbits from Sean Deveney

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>

> The Antoine crack is pretty much the consensus, it seems. I don't buy it.
> think there are teams out there that believe they can "fix" Antoine. I
hope
> one of them gets a chance to try (assuming the deal coming back is good
for
> the C's). Paul M., welcome back, and feel free to savage this post
> unmercifully.

Mark, I don't savage. I read and learn. I'm just an empty vessel being
filled with the knowledge and stunning insights I acquire from this list. I
just don't want anyone to be dissapointed. I love all my pets. You've all
given me so much. But whenever I read these trade ideas about Antoine, it
just breaks my heart. And you of all people Mark should know better. You've
been savaging him for years. I've disagreed with you in the past, but, no
longer. Lets just accept all the negatives about Antoine. I summarized them
earlier. It's quite a list. Let's assume it's all true, every last one. We
can add the fight he had with Kenny proving that he'll never be able to play
with a point guard. I forgot to mention that he'll never play the 3. The
list keeps growing. So go back to my previous post listing the negatives and
think Mark, why would anyone who wants to keep his job, anyone who really
doesn't want to ruin their organization because Antoine's proven to be a
coach, gm killer, want to acquire Antoine Walker? I mean, look at the huge
mess he's caused here? A giant mess. Playoffs? Luck last year...Pierce this
year...the conference sucks so who cares. That's what I've learned so let's
just go with that. We can't have it both ways, Mark. We can't describe this
guy as a major destructive force and then say he has some talent
because....well....I've already been over that. The talent isn't enough to
compensate with all the destruction left in his wake. We can't describe this
guy as a major destructive force and expect to get anything for him. We just
have to forget getting "value" in return. Something "good for the team?"
Nobody is going to give up a rebounder because they aren't getting one back.
Nobody is going to trade for him thinking he'll play the 3 because he won't.
He doesn't rebound, shoot well, hogs the ball...blah, blah, blah...you know
the routine. So....you want value? You want something good for the team?
DAMON STOUDAMIRE. End of story. That's all you get. Short, runs...shoots and
shoots and shoots and passes and runs. There's your point guard of the
future. That's what The Evil One gets you. Portland has pg's coming out of
their ears. Antoine can play in the Rose Garden and I'll keep all you guys
informed. One more thing. I think it was Kestas who wrote that he was afraid
all the other gm's in the league might now what we all know about Antoine.
Kestas...again, my pet, let's be reasonable. If it's obvious to you...and
Mark....and Way...and so many others on this list, then, my little fountain
of joy....the gm's know it too. If all the negatives are true about
Antoine...we aren't going to fool anyone. Again, we can't have it both ways.
Satan ain't bringing us value.

More on the Obie signing later.

Paul M.