--- You wrote:
I disagree with the sentiment that AW must go. Sportswriters neglect the team
aspect of sports and focus too much on the stars. The problems with the Celts
aren't Pierce and Walker..
<. . .>
Walker might not be a #2 guy..but he would start on many NBA teams. That
being said its not a bad idea to trade him for the right player and/or pick.
But asserting that he has to go is just silly.
--- end of quote ---

Has anyone said that Antoine needs to go without getting value for him? If so,
I missed it.
But once again, it's not so much Toine's skillset or even (lack of )athleticism
that is the problem, it's how he chooses to use his abilities, and what it does
to the team strategy and makeup. THAT'S the problem. Removing Obie and getting
rid of his ill-conceived strategy and personnel use might solve some of these
problems, but what would that really make Toine play the way we want him to?
I'm sure we could survive Antoine, if we replace Battie, EWill,  and Delk with
Duncan, T-Mac, and Kidd, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. Toine is
sort of like Iverson in that he needs the whole team to be structured to make
up for his deficiencies, but Iverson is a far better scorer and actually gets
the superstar treatment from the refs. And Philly isn't winning a championship
(or likely even the ECF) either, as presently structured.

--- You wrote:
I really would like to see OB go..so we can start rebuilding our talent base
and run an offense better suited to our personel. Contrary to the views of OB
we don't really have a team of three point marksman. If that is what he wants
 DA had better start drafting Europeans. We have some guys that can hit
threes...Delk, McCarty, Pierce Walker and E. Will but NONE of them are
particulary good at it.
--- end of quote ---

Exactly. Pierce's strongest points are his midrange game and ability to get to
the hoop and draw fouls, Delk has a reliable midrange J, Waltuh can hit the 3
from the baseline (not so much from anywhere else) IF he's unguarded, and
EWill, obviously, is at his best picking on the less able defenders in the
post, but gets swallowed up by the better PFs and centers. Toine. . .let's not
even go there.
Kestas