T.J. Ford..

> But isn't TJ Ford small and slight too? Don't forget he's very injury
> prone... not to mention, he's got no sure outside shot and range! :)
> Ridnour might be small and frail but he's got a Mark Price-type outside
> shooting in him.

Well amazing quickness offsets T.J. Ford's small and slight frame to some
extent.
But yes, even with T.J. Ford it's quite a risk drafting him especially at 4th
like he is projected to go.  Dan Dickau has Mark Price outside shooting in
him too,..and I am not impressed with his play..

The problem I see with Ridnour though is defense. If your small, slight, and
slow how are you going to defend bigger stronger and quicker points? How can
you stop dribble penetration and contest jump shots?

Guys like Blake and Hinrich can accomplish with "surpising" (code word for:
wow they aren't black but they can jump and run some) and long arms. The
smaller point guard prospects all tend to be hyper quick. A good rule of
thumb is that the smaller a NBA player is the more skills, speed and length
he needs to make up for it. That's why I like swingmen and points the best.
They have the most skill.

Anyway like I said Ridnour best case is Steve Nash.. Now that isn't bad so,
might be worth it to take shot. But make no mistake Ridnour could bust out of
the league entirely. He is high risk..that is why he may fall into the
Celtics range.

If we are going to draft Ridnour though..might as well dump OB. No chance he
will play him over the much stronger and much quicker Bremer. Or the almost
quick and freakishly long armed T. Delk.

Pete