Re:2003 NBA Draft: Early Entries

>>I guess Andre Emmitt from Texas Tech didn't submit?

He came out a few weeks ago to say he was staying.
I was a little surprised because even with all the great pub Emmitt got being
Tech's only real player, he still found himself in Knight's doghouse a couple
of times this season.  As you can imagine, Knight's doghouse is not a very
pleasant place to be.
Anyway, it looks like Emmitt has changed his mind as of this morning,
although he says he won't hire an agent so he can pull out if things aren't
going well.

<A HREF="http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/5845878.htm";>http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/5845878.htm</A>

>>Saw high schooler Charlie Villanueva  at an all-star game last weekend and
was impressed. The boy has
>>>game and the attitude to succeed at the NBA level

Villanueva was in Lawrence last week on an official visit.  Somehow the date
and time of a pick up game he was playing in became public knowledge ( the
power of the Internet).  Over 500 people showed up to watch.
One of those ended up being a writer who had a piece in the KC Star the next
day saying how Villanueva was absolutely schooled by Nick Collison.
Since then I've heard from other people who were there that the writer was
using hyperbole because it wasn't that bad and he may even have had an
agenda.  He wasn't a regular writer for the paper.
I don't know for sure.
The clips I saw he seemed to be holding his own.  He definitely has a lot of
talent and is very athletic (although he missed a pretty easy alley-oop).
It's always tough judging a big man against high school talent.
Villanueva has also decided not to hire an agent and would chose between
UConn and KU if he feels he'll drop into the second round.

<A HREF="http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/university_of_kansas/5845810.htm";>
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/university_of_kansas/5

845810.htm</A>

TAM