Re: Good News - Good News

ryan wrote:

how about we give portland one of our first round picks to take wallace
away.  Just kidding, kind of.

--- --- ---

Ryan, this made me laugh out loud. The "kind of" just killed me.

Anyway, that factoid from Bulpett is good news. If the goal is the playoffs,
don't make any trades. If the goal is a championship, then I think it's
obvious moves have to be made.

On a few other topics of the day...

Luke Ridnour... I don't know. I like him at the college level. Not sure in
the NBA. But I'm not sure about Hinrich either, and everyone seems to love
him. I actually like Chris Thomas from Notre Dame quite a bit. What does
anyone know about Mo Williams from Alabama? I heard Indiana University's
coach say Williams and TJ Ford were the best point guards in the country. I
haven't seen him play. Anyone have any input? On the others... Wade? Not a
point guard. Don't go there. Bell? Maybe a third guard. Blake? I'm not
convinced he's NBA material, but I've been wrong before. I guess I'm just
not enamored with the point guard class. I love Ford, but I'm not convinced
there's as much quality as there is quantity.

Compensation for Chris Wallace... The Herald piece today said Wallace has a
window that ends next month that allows him to negotiate with other teams
without the Celts' permission. It kicked in when the team was sold.

Andre Emmitt... I read somewhere today that he did put his name in the
draft. I know nothing about him.

Mark