Re: What has Danny said in the past?

--- You wrote:
Particularly about Antoine?  Does anybody
remember?  I wish I could search the old
messages.
--- end of quote ---

I don't remember exactly, but it was not positive.

This news explains the tongue-in-cheek question to Ainge by either Thompson or
Harlan during last night's broadcast and his evasive answer. They asked him
what he would do if he were running the Celtics. As I recall it, there was a
pregnant pause, then Danny said, "trade for Kidd and Duncan", and they all had
a good chuckle.

My thoughts on this possibility are predictable: no one can be be worse than
Wallace, so it's automatically an improvement. I generally view Ainge in a
positive light based on his clear-headed and candid analysis of the game. He
seems smart and articulate. His dim view of our bipolar PF/PG is a plus. It
remains to be seen what kind of GM he will be; you never know with these
things, especially when the person has no track record.

Speaking of track record, I think Whitsit has a decent one, despite yet another
first round exit by the Blazers. I remember looking at their roster a few years
back and being amazed how no one was signed to unreasonable money (by NBA
standards). Since then, Whitsit's stock has fallen somewhat - his ability to
build a team with chemistry being the major reason - but he certainly knows how
to pick talent. I was watching the Blazers' games and thinking, how many of the
roster players on the Blazers would NOT be good enough to immediately start for
the Celtics? Maybe Qyntel Woods?

Anyway, if Portland "steals" Ainge from us, perhaps Whitsit should be
considered? Jordan, too, but I doubt he'd come here. Charlotte or Chicago are
the natural options for him.

Kestas