Re: What has Danny said in the past?

Harlan asked Danny the question again and Danny replied that he thought they
could use a penetrating point guard, one who could suck away defenders and
open things up for PP....Note that he also said he thought Delk was not
playing his proper position. He thought that Delk should be coming off the
bench as the third guard, who brings instant offense...I have to love the
traditional thinking. It would be interesting to see a face-off of Obie
versus Danny of style of play. Lock up the towels...I have to admit that
Danny has been very complimentary of Obie and how he has gotten everything
out of the team that he can....

I haven't been surprised of the results to date. We all knew we matched up
poorly with the Nets. Obie knew that the Nets were essentially the team to
beat but prefers to play with his present hand. Here is where the lack of
development of Kedrick and Baker have become so critical. We didn't have
enough to beat the Nets last year. Why would Obie think we would have enough
this year without improvements? Here is where I would prefer to lose more
games in the regular season and develop players(Kedrick/Baker) and team play
rather than the bottom line wins....

Finally, do you think Obie will make changes or enforce his stubborn will?
What happened to the up tempo early offense that worked so well against the
Pacers? Sure I know we can't outrun the Nets but I think it is critical for
both our offense and defense to get some up-tempo scores. You think maybe
Battie could set a good enough pick to get Martin off of Walker for a time?
Going up-tempo is another way of creating irregular matchups. How about some
Kedrick? The Nets look quicker and more athletic at every position. Maybe if
Kedrick could shut down Jefferson, things would change. Here's hoping that
Obie makes some changes.....

DJessen33
<< I don't remember exactly, but it was not positive.

 This news explains the tongue-in-cheek question to Ainge by either Thompson
or
 Harlan during last night's broadcast and his evasive answer. They asked him
 what he would do if he were running the Celtics. As I recall it, there was a
 pregnant pause, then Danny said, "trade for Kidd and Duncan", and they all
had
 a good chuckle.