Ainge, Game 2 and stuff...

1.	The news about Ainge has put a spring in my step this morning. I
really don't know what his philosophies are, but he has to be better than
Wallace. A 9-year-old with a Magic Eight Ball would be better than Wallace.

2.	Ray says "good bye Antoine and 3-point madness" but have there been
indications in the past that Ainge doesn't like Antoine as a player? I don't
remember. Please, if anyone has any knowledge of things Ainge might have
said on that subject, let us know. As for the 3-point madness... Just hiring
Ainge isn't going to change that. The roster will have to be changed. As
long as Obie is coaching and Antoine is on the team, it's going to be a
3-point barrage. If Ainge doesn't like it, he'll have to get rid of Antoine
and change the roster.

3.	Isn't it strange that Ainge would be anti-threeball?

4.	It was interesting that the new owners also talked to McHale. He
also would have been a great choice. Or Cowens for that matter.

5.	Game 2... It's a shame Antoine is being dominated so thoroughly,
because the rest of this team is playing unreal basketball. They're moving
the ball (another 24 assists last night) and shooting it well (the team shot
45 percent, even with Antoine's 3-for-15 atrocity thrown in there). They're
turning it over too much, which is leading to a lot of transition
opportunities for the Nets, but let's face it-when your backcourt is Delk
and Pierce, you have to expect some turnovers when the defense applies heavy
pressure. Antoine can't handle the ball all the time.

6.	There's nothing wrong with Antoine. Please don't make excuses for
him. He isn't making any. This is a terrible matchup for him. Martin has his
number. It's that simple. Because of that, the Nets don't have to double
team, which takes away Antoine's best weapon-his passing. It's just a bad
matchup. Having said that, he has to find a way to adjust and get something
done.

7.	Here's the part where I tell you not to pay attention to anything I
say... I posted yesterday or the day before that the Spurs wouldn't be able
to score against the Lakers. Right. They had 90 points through three
quarters last night. Half the time it looked like a layup line. It's not
"Bruno Sundov would have been a top-seven pick" stupid, but it's pretty
dumb. Pay attention to anything I say at your own risk...

Finally, I just want to implore everyone again to post anything they might
know about Ainge's philosophy or opinion of the Celts and Walker. This is
HUGE news, and I'd really like to have some insight into his thinking.

Thanks,

Mark