Re: Ainge, Game 2 and stuff...

Mark,

Danny Ainge, besides being one of my favorite players
from my childhood years, is also one of the smartest
minds when it comes to talent evaluation.  I remember
(and it was a long time ago, so details are going to
be sketchy) seeing a behind-the-scenes look at the
scouting operation he had implemented while working
for the Phoenix Suns.  It was built on concepts
concerning specific brain types.  Apparently, from
what I remember, there are 16 specifically different
brain types.  One of these brains types is common to
great players, such as Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird,
etc...  Anyway, using some scientist (again the memory
is hazy), the Phoenix Suns identified this brain type
and for that particular year used their top draft pick
on a player that was determined to have this specific
brain type that fosters success in basketball.  That
player?  Steve Nash.

Now, is this a fail safe drafting ideology?  I have no
clue.  After seeing that particular show regarding the
Phoenix Suns drafting philosophy, I never did find out
anything else.  I however did do some looking on those
specific brain types, and it appears to have a
legitimate scientific basis.  And you may or may not
be suprised at another player who has this same brain
type--Richard--freaking--Jefferson--along with Jason
Kidd (of course).

What does all this mean?  Well, if Ainge is hired, and
uses this "system" or whatever you want to call it, I
believe we might finally make a good draft choice.  So
yes, Ainge would be a great choice.

However, judging from newspaper interviews, it does
also appear that Ainge is not enamored with Antione.
Hopefully, he doesn't trade him--because, as we have
discussed before (and Ainge as much as admitted in the
herald article that Ray posted), equal return would be
unlikely.  The way to win with this team is to draft
smartly and let Antione and Paul continue to grow.
(and play Kedrick Brown, dammit!).

Ryan

P.S.  If anyone has a more in depth summary of the
draft strategy of the Phoenix Suns and its use of
brain typeage, it would greatly be appreciated if you
posted and added on to what I offered.  I have always
wondered if it really works (if it was a fail safe way
of drafting, however, you would think everyone would
be doing it).