Re: Thank you!

Precisely.  Here's a baseball comparison.  The Red Sox list has fans ready
to trade Nomar because he makes too many errors.  You know...if they said it
because he was terribly injury prone, perhaps...but name a shortstop who
doesn't make errors?  Not to mention that he has won tons of games with his
offense.  It is not something which happens only on this list.  But in that
analogy, what is the alternative to Nomar?  Well there really isn't one,
though they have a guy in the minors who in his first full year of playing
short, he is hitting the ball well.  That's all it takes for the fans to
consider dumping a player who has given his all to the organization.

I just would love to see Celtic fans able to support the team without being
relegated to persona-non-grata status.  But I have come to realize that this
is simply not the case unless one decides to skip certain posters.  Sad but
true.  I feel quite strongly that some filter my posts because I am too
"pollyanna" but I just cannot get into the spirit of blasting the team
because they have weaknesses.  Every team has them.  Hell, we lose Battie
and Walker to fouls tonight and still were in position to win the damn game.

One thing I find ironic is that some have no problem with the referees, yet
have a problem with our team, as if we have been catching breaks from the
refs all year or something.  Someone (Kestas?) even suggested that
Stoudemire didn't foul Pierce and the refs had it correct.  Even Ainge, who
is no friend of this edition of the C's hinted tonight that all the players
wanted was consistency, meaning that there was very little of it.  Thompson
went even further in stating that one of the calls on Walker was much less
than some of the other contact which had been taking place.  In my opinion,
there is no room for the ticky-tack call, however if it affects the shooter,
it must be called.  No player, Jordan included has earned the right to
scream in a ref's face with no penalty when others get teed up for looking
at the guy with a smirk on his face.  Are you telling me that David Stern
and Stu Jackson support these refs and reward them for such decisions?

I am not saying that the refs cost us the game tonight, but I do think they
have not done us any favors this year or last year for that matter either.
But you gotta suck it up and deal with it.  Certainly, this is one of
Walker's biggest weakness.  And it will plague us until he learns to shut
the hell up, toss the ball to the nearest official and run down the court.

Cecil