RE: credit for Wallace

At 05:12 PM 3/12/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Also, wasn't Bremer within a breath of signing with Toronto or some other team? For some reason, the deal didn't take place and he came to our training camp as a result? Someone help me.
He was doing the rounds of summer league camp and they were his next, never reached, destination http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20030306/SP_012.htm

And BTW, on the other thread about all time starting 5s, my primary objection to substituting Jabbar is that Walton at his best was a better rounded player and IMO may have been a fiercer competitor. Certainly a much better passer and IMO a much more devastating presence on the boards. That's always been one of my problems with Jabbar - that he should have dominated much more there, given the physical advantages he had in size and athleticism over most of his competition (most of his career was before 7 footers were so common). And to a lesser degree with blocks, where I think his all time number is as much a function of longevity as his being all he could be. Devastating offensive center and undoubtedly a defensive force to be reckoned with, but I always felt that he never pushed himself to be what he really could have been. Gotta admit that one of the first big smiles Walton gave me that year on the Cs was when he came in and immediately blocked a bunch of an admittedly aging Jabbar's shots like no one had in years.