Re: Miscellaneous thoughts

--- You wrote:
... If you get a chance, check out this Ric Bucher piece on ESPN.com:
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/bucher_ric/1521607.html
<http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/bucher_ric/1521607.html>  Some interesting
stuff from Mike Dunleavy. I think both Dunleavy and Bucher use the wrong
word when they say "selfish." I think "aggressive" would be more accurate.
There's little room for passivity in the NBA, and Dunleavy is figuring that
out. It's something Kedrick seemingly never will and Joe Johnson only
figures out on occasion (dating back to his college days).
--- end of quote ---

Kedrick is Joe Johnson with fewer skills, more athleticism, and even less
self-confidence. The way he puts his head down every time he misses a shot or
screws up is really disconcerting. This lack of self-confidence - brashness,
cockiness, if you will - is pretty much a fatal flaw in the NBA, IMO You can
work on and improve of a lot of aspects of your game, but if you have no fire
and self-confidence, forget it.

Isn't it amazing that, out of the 4 first round picks in '00-'01, three of them
had no 'tude whatsoever, and one had a bad attitude? If it weren't so
embarrasing, Kedrick would've been gone by now, just like Moiso, JJ, and Forte.
That's why I'm not at all  worried about Cowens's or anyone else's ability to
do a better job than Walrus. When you go 0 for 3 in the draft and trade for
Baker, it isn't really possible to do worse. His basketball personnel skills
apparently consist of being able to read about Baker's past achievements, and
to see that Kedrick and Moiso are very athletic. So can 98% of the fans. He
can't read the personalities of the players at all. Please, just get him outta
here.

Kestas