Re: Not the right answer, Red

In a message dated 3/9/2003 2:23:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com writes:

> I think Red saying that they didn't see Parker is absurb.

     I can't disagree, but my earlier post merely stated that I didn't think
Red was trying to cover his ass.  He acknowledged that he was the prime force
behind Forte.  He could have said, "Yeah, I liked Forte, but didn't really
push for him - the final decision was {Wallace's] [Obie's] [Leo's].  Should
he have been given that much leeway?  Maybe not, but it seems to me he's
taking the hit on this one and not trying to blame others.  And doesn't it
fit that the others, perhaps unsure about whom to draft, went with Red's
pick?
      Wasn't Red also the guy who wanted Acie Earl and one of the many
Smiths?  The guy isn't infallible.