Re: Amazing stuff

>You are amazing, Tam. I don't know how you can spin the following statement
>in the Herald any other way but the way it was written:

>Walker, who reportedly has asked in private circles why Baker
> hasn't been allowed to play more...

>>Note the words "private circles"....

  That's exactly my point.  It seems to me it's the Herald doing the
spinning.
What does "reportedly" and "private circles" mean exactly?  It could mean
almost anything.
Reported to whom, by whom?  Private circles meaning Antoine's friends and
relatives?  Off the record comments to reporters?  Or people actually in the
organization?

  It was the Herald that threw that little side bar in the story and in the
meantime totally left out his next sentence...the part where Antoine said
Baker needed to earn his playing time like everyone else and nothing should
be handed to him.
In one case you have a direct quote, that was amazingly left out of the story
since it didn't fit the agenda.  In the other case you have rumors and
innuendo without even a hint as to the source.
 To me, that's the definition of spinning.

TAM