the envelope please

My first choices:  Collison, Hayes, and at #56, the man deemed by David Aldridge to be the big sleeper of the draft, Steve Blake.  That's three U. S. collegiate stars.  I just don't know the Euros or Banks well enough to pull the trigger.  And while Collison should go top ten (some GMs being afraid of "potential" youngsters), I think he, like Hayes and Blake will be players.  We need "Walker insurance" and Collison can play the PF position; can anyone imagine that, three years from now, we could be saying that Collison won't play his position or that he takes too many threes?  It could well be, as some are suggesting, that we see little upside in him because we've seen him so much.  Same with Blake.  Here's hoping.  Think Pierce, as a fellow Kansan who showed his worth, rather than LaFrentz.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Banks and Pavlovic or Diaw or even West.  I would cringe if Ridenour were on the board when we selected, but most others I could accept--even Gaines.  Still, whomever we choose, just remember that at the end of the day, Bruno has re-upped for another year.  Who could ask for anything more?  Cheers, Gene