RE: More draft thoughts

The Lakers have 24 & 32 and could be a good trading partner. They are
looking to move up. If we were to take Banks Ridnour, Sweetney, Carbarkaba,
Gaines or Hayes at 16 we could be looking at West, Pachulia, Beasley,
Delfino, Cook, and Badiane at 24 and Bell, Barbosa, Lang, Walton, Hansen, or
Perkins at 32

Coming out with Banks or Gaines, and two of Beasley, Bell, Badiane, Walton
Lang, Hansen woud not be bad.

Could this be why we had some of these guys in who seem to be a reach at 20?

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Celts trade down from 20 to pick up a later
first-rounder and early/mid second rounder. There are players to be had in
those ranges-Pachulia, Delfino, Bell (who I don't like as a starting PG, but
do like as a Van Exel-like scoring guard off the bench), Walton, Lang-and I
wouldn't be shocked to see those players have more of a long-term impact
than guys like Cook, Sofo or Collison.

But my hope remains that they'll find a way to trade up and get a guy they
really want. If it's Bosh, fine. If it's Hinrich, fine. But come away from
this draft with a player who can be a part of a championship team. They blew
it in 2001 by sitting there and "letting the draft come to them." Don't make
the same mistake.

Mark