Re: Re:Another opening another show?

< According to RealGM, this trade doesn't work >

Hey, Jan Volk and Wicker, looking over my last post, it was very stupid.
If we are trading for less salary, of course it is Chicago, not us, who
would have to add an exception or fodder to take our $15.3 mill in salaries
for their $13.7.

However, could it still be possible that Chicago would come in under the
cap next season as their present 2003-04 team salary is only $42.9  mill
and no one knows yet what the exact salary cap/luxury tax will be for
2003-04?  If that be true, then the trade could fly. If not, how about
them adding a few bucks in fodder to cement the proposed deal?

If the league could only announce each season's financial restraints
in ADVANCE instead of AFTER THE FACT, all teams might know where
they stood budget-wise and trade-wise in advance of their moves.

It really is a horribly flawed, confusing, and frustrating system.

Egg