Re:Interviewed Wallace Tonight

>>Re: Peter's question about whether the Celts
would draft Collison if they had the chance,
I had a long interview with Wallace today.  I
could tell he thought a lot of Collison, and so
I asked him point blank if the Celtics would
take him if he were available.  He didn't come
out and say yes, but the answer was yes.  His
voice when the said, "he would be a PRIME
candidate for us" suggested ardor.  Didn't care
that he could only bench 175 four times; he's
not drafting him for a power-lifting team.  I think
he really likes Collison.  I can tell when Wallace
is bullshitting / spinning, and this wasn't it.  This
is the guy who did Blue Ribbon Yearbook back
at what he loves best.<<

  According to Collison and his agent the ESPN Insider report was wrong.
Nick actually lifted 185 (not 175) eight times, not the four that was
reported.  He says he lifted it 11 times in a recent workout in Milwaukee.  He's not
sure who started the rumor and didn't know about it until his agent contacted
him in Miami where he was working out for the Heat. He went to the Heat to
find out what information they had and the Heat told him the official NBA report
had him lifting the bar eight times in Chicago.
  That may be why Wallace isn't concerned about the strength issue. He has
the NBA's official report.
   Looks like even ESPN Insider isn't beyond reporting rumors as fact now.
  Someone wants Collison's stock to drop but that's a pretty low way to go
about it if you ask me.

Collison's agent says his sources say Nick will be a lottery pick?  That may
be bravado on his part, but then looking at who he's working out for, maybe
not.  He will work out next week for the Toronto Raptors, who have the No. 4
overall pick, and New York Knicks, who hold the No. 9 pick. Collison was in the
camp of the Miami Heat (No. 5 pick) Friday. He also has worked out for the Los
Angeles Clippers (No. 6 pick), Chicago Bulls (7), Milwaukee Bucks (8), Golden
State Warriors (11) and Seattle SuperSonics (12).

TAM