Re: Re:Another opening another show?

At 10:48 AM 6/14/2003 -0400, Eggcentric@AOL.com wrote:
< According to RealGM, this trade doesn't work, although I'm not sure how
our trade exception might work.  > - aw623

Nor am I.  I thought in the Shammond-for Blount deal we had received a $2
mill exception we could add to a trade.  Has RealGM considered that, or is
it not applicable to this situation?  If not, what is that $2 mill exception
applicable to?

Could the CBA be any more complicated?
Yes, it could.
It won't work because both teams are over the cap, meaning the 115% rule (salaries have to be within 115% of each other) applies to BOTH sides. The 2MM exemption applies to us, but has no effect on Chicago. Besides, it works the other way. Your deal has the Cs sending out more salary. The trade exemption lets them send out 2MM less salary than they take on.

Kim "aka Jan Volk" Malo