Re: Podkolzine, Walker seasoning, etc.

--- You wrote:
The other thing I wanted to touch on was the story about Antoine's summer
workout plans. You can believe Danny Ainge will make a difference or buy
into Tim Grover's garbage if you want, but I found all I needed to know in
the quote from Antoine:

''Hopefully, I can continue on the same pace,'' said Walker. ''I've had two
very good seasons, two good individual seasons, and was able to make the
All-Star team twice with Tim Grover.  So, I'm looking forward to a third
summer with him.''
--- end of quote ---

Yeah, that's one thing I wanted to say in my last e-mail before I got
interrupted and sent it off. This quote from Toine really sums it up why he
isn't likely to change, barring an epiphany. I don't think what Grover says is
garbage; it's just falling on Toine's deaf ears. Ultimately, it doesn't matter
what Grover or anyone else thinks Walker needs to do, it's what Walker thinks
he needs to do. And he doesn't think he needs to change anything. That's why I
agree with the following (shocking, I know):

--- You wrote:
 For crying out loud, Danny, just put us out of our misery and deal
the guy. Let some other franchise and its fans hinge their hopes on
Antoine's "awakening." Please.
--- end of quote ---

Not giving him an extension shows that DA is at least aware of the problem and
not under Toine's spell like Obie (yet). Bulpett seems to confirm Egg's earlier
assertion that the reason Toine is still with us is his low trade value. I'm
feeling pretty confident that once DA finds a decent deal, it'll be buh-bye to
Toine. It would  be best for all concerned, really.

Kestas