Podkolzine, Walker seasoning, etc.

Podkolzine's shot up the draft boards is interesting for the Celts in that
it could prompt some real shuffling. If he moves up to four or five, for
example, that means either Bosh or Ford slide to six. That knocks other guys
down, and that's how a slide starts. It would seem the most likely sliders
would be Kaman and Hinrich. They wouldn't make it to the Celtics, but their
slide could send someone else Boston's way-someone like Ridnour or Sweetney,
not that I'd be all that thrilled by either guy. But it also makes trade-ups
a little more attractive. Maybe a Hinrich is sitting there at 10 and the
Celts make a move for him. Maybe they don't have the ammo to get to seven or
eight, but if you're talking 10 or 11, maybe 16&20 are enough. These kinds
of wild cards create opportunities (and they're another example of why it's
foolish to promise anything a month before the draft).

It looks like the international influence is going to be huge this year.
Podkolzine and Lampe seem like locks for the lottery, while Pavlovic,
Barbosa, Khryapa and Badiane also look like top-20 picks. Fascinating stuff,
and good news for the Celts.

The other thing I wanted to touch on was the story about Antoine's summer
workout plans. You can believe Danny Ainge will make a difference or buy
into Tim Grover's garbage if you want, but I found all I needed to know in
the quote from Antoine:

''Hopefully, I can continue on the same pace,'' said Walker. ''I've had two
very good seasons, two good individual seasons, and was able to make the
All-Star team twice with Tim Grover.  So, I'm looking forward to a third
summer with him.''

Does that sound like someone ready to begin a new workout/diet regimen?
Someone committed to reshaping his body? Nope. That sounds like someone
satisfied with where he is and planning to do pretty much the same thing.
Surprise, surprise. He didn't listen to Pitino, he doesn't listen to Jordan,
Obie doesn't dare tell him anything, so he doesn't have to listen to him,
and Antoine isn't going to listen to Danny Ainge or Tim (Nutri-nagel) Grover
either. For crying out loud, Danny, just put us out of our misery and deal
the guy. Let some other franchise and its fans hinge their hopes on
Antoine's "awakening." Please.

Mark