Re: Ainge plans Baker's recipe for success

< No. They must draft as if all we had to show for the Baker/Kenny trade
is Baker's contract, which is pretty much the case. > - Kestas

I understand your thinking, Kestas, and that is exactly what the Celts
are doing... NOT counting on Baker.  But they are walking a tightrope, and
really, their near-term strategy both financially and roster-wise IS
dependent on who we can expect to see - a still-troubled Baker or a
fit Baker.

It's no secret that while Danny has been singing Baker's rehab praises,
he and other Celt BT have been busy as bees attempting to negotiate
some sort of Baker settlement with the league as well as with Baker's
lawyers. It begs the question of whether the Celts would prefer to have
a reformed and healthy max-salary Baker, or would they more prefer to
see a mentally crippled Baker provide them with the additional ammo
they need to negotiate some sort of final financial parting of the ways.
Which scenario do you think the Celts would prefer, Kestas... his full
services (however limited they may now be) or a partial refund?

I have been harsh on the new owners (i.e. Pagliuca) because they have
attempted to have their CAKE AND EAT IT TOO concerning both Baker
and Wallace.  And I have been critical of Ainge for going along with
all this BS while allowing Pagliuca to continue to rule from the throne.
Of course Pagliuca is front and center at every rookie workout with us,
as well as at the Chicago tryouts.

As for Wallace, when our new owners demoted him months ago, instead
of cleaning out his desk and escorting him to the door (which would have
cost them severance $$$$) they instead retained him in a reduced
scouting capacity arrogantly expecting him to both loyally carry on his
scouting duties while hopefully landing a new job elsewhere.  Adding to
their (Pagliuca's) foolishness, they originally thought they could
actually hold out for a second-round draft choice before granting Wallace
permission to talk to other teams.

So how much can Ainge really count upon Wallace's lame duck or maybe
even hostile input?  And how can we expect Ainge to have the final say
on this draft when Steve Pagliuca is our real GM?

Not a very healthy situation.

Egg