Re: Ainge plans Baker's recipe for success

--- You wrote:
Which scenario do you think the Celts would prefer, Kestas... his full
services (however limited they may now be) or a partial refund?
--- end of quote ---

I'm guessing the latter, although I'm not nearly as informed as you are (btw,
you still haven't answered my question about who told P-May  to make
Niednagel's record chaste again ).

--- You wrote:
As for Wallace, when our new owners demoted him months ago, instead
of cleaning out his desk and escorting him to the door (which would have
cost them severance $$$$) they instead retained him in a reduced
scouting capacity arrogantly expecting him to both loyally carry on his
scouting duties while hopefully landing a new job elsewhere.  Adding to
their (Pagliuca's) foolishness, they originally thought they could
actually hold out for a second-round draft choice before granting Wallace
permission to talk to other teams.

So how much can Ainge really count upon Wallace's lame duck or maybe
even hostile input?  And how can we expect Ainge to have the final say
on this draft when Steve Pagliuca is our real GM?

Not a very healthy situation.
--- end of quote ---

I agree. The best thing I can say is, I hope Pagliuca has some basketball
acumen. As for Wallace, I've been thinking about this egregious conflict of
interest a lot lately. His input may be hostile in its effect, whether it's
intentionally so or not. That's pretty much  a  given at this point. But the
other thing is, he can spill the Celtics' plans to the competitors, and that
can't be good. I don't know what they're thinking.
Kestas