Comments On Ainge's Draft Comments

- Ainge reveals all but reveals nothing in his draft comments.
Where is Barbosa among the point guards? Where is the mysterious PG,
whose workout with the Celtics and other teams drew comparisons to
Mike Bibby?

- From Ainge's comments you would think that Marcus Banks to the Celtics
deal may be a truism.

- Ainge's sleeper Britten had 10 points and was the second
leading scorer for his team in the pre-Draft's first action last night.

- Sam Cassell may be available as Gary Payton says his first choice
is to re-sign with the Bucks.  The Bucks are looking for a shooting
guard to replace Ray Allen, but may draft a PG as insurance.

- Memphis is interested in Jarvis Hayes

- Toronto and Miami are talking about switching picks.
Miami must want Bosh, Toronto Ford.

- Chicago has Jay Williams and the 7th pick up for a defensive
minded SF - Leaves Walker out - too bad.

Ray

"Getting the point? The Celtics admit they are in need of a true point
guard, but that doesn't mean Ainge is resigned to selecting one in the
draft. But among the point guards that Boston likes are Kansas's Kirk
Hinrich, Oregon's Luke Ridnour Louisville's Reece Gaines, and UNLV's
Marcus Banks. Texas's T.J. Ford is an obvious choice, but the Celtics
know he probably won't be around at No. 16. Of the point guards at the
pre-draft camp, Ainge and his staff are keeping a close eye on Alabama's
Maurice Williams and Boston College's Troy Bell.
''At 16, we may go big and at 20 go with a point guard because there's
not a certain one that's standing out,'' said Ainge. ''We could easily
go point guard at 20 and a 3, 4, or 5 man at 16. Or, depending on who it
is, we may grab a point guard at 16.''
Ainge said the Celtics ''anticipate'' keeping both picks as they are,
though he has had discussions about trading both picks to move up,
trading both picks for future picks, or moving down with one pick.
''Most of the time, there's more talk than substance,'' said Ainge.
''I'm right now focusing on the entire draft, just to be prepared so I
know more what we're talking about when we talk about trading down or
trading up. But I anticipate we'll have 16 and 20.'' . . ."