Re: ESPN, the place where "No Celtics News Is Good News"

> I assume, not having seen the summer games (thanks
> for NOTHING, Cox Cable
> and NBA tv), that you're referring to Violet Palmer,
> easily the most
> incompetent ref I have ever seen.  She should have
> been fired after the
> season before last, but unfortunately, she was the
> only female ref in the
> league.  Some people were fearful of a
> discrimination lawsuit.  I'm all in
> favor of women as refs, so long as they can do the
> job competently.  Violet
> can't.  Neither can the majority of her colleagues.
> That's worse than the
> bias, is the lack of ability to do the job well.

Actually, it wasn't Violet....she's a veteran ref, so
she doesn't need to come to summer league...the ref in
question was some unknown lady...in fact, most of the
summer league refs (like Haywood Workman, who worked
games at Reebok) are the lowest of the low...those
individuals who are trying to become NBA refs but
aren't experienced enough yet...not that you'd notice
the difference if you plunked one into a NBA situation
(their suckiness wouldn't be noticed amid the general
suckiness that runs amok nowadays)....these summer
league refs did only make 200 dollars a game...which,
I guess, seeing what the "pros" make, at least gives
me reason to not be that hard on them (but they did
call a bunch against the C's....too many to rack it up
to inexperience or not being good....it was the same
as the regular season....lack of consistency)

> >....for of all the Celtic
> >hating out there, from the refusal of a cap room
> >exemption following the passing of Reggie
>
> I have also commented on that, though not as
> specifically as the article
> about the refs.  In fact, I mentioned it in another
> post today!

Yeah, man, I plagarized.  Funny thing is....if it's in
an academic or professional setting, plagarism is
looked upon as quite a stigma...but if you do it
"artistically", be it the obligatory homage to Wells
or Kubrick, or the subconscious or unconscious lifting
of lyrics like Paul Simon (Bridge Over Troubled
Water--completely plagarized) or Dylan (apparently
about 10 lines from his latest album where lifted
word-for-word from a book of translated Japanese
poetry, it is permissable.  Lesson being: genius, as
always, is excused.

Snoop, is it me, or do we seem to do this every couple
months or so....just complain (aimlessly it would
seem, since the season is on break) about refs,
without any general prompting?  It's good, in that the
refs deserve criticism, but also bad....cause
complaining is about the worse trait ever.  Don't
think I'm picking on you, though, cause I complain
about the refs ALL THE TIME....

Ryan