Re: Larry, Larry ...

On 7/24/03 3:14 PM, Peter Delevett wrote:

> If I were Bird I'd be tearing my hair out. You don't let an All-Star center
> walk because your owners don't want to pay the luxury tax. Miller, O'Neal,
> Artest, Harrington, Reggie and Tinsley still would form the core of a team
> that's as talented as any in the east. Now there are big holes. I read on the
> Indy Star site that they moved Mercer because they think Bender can play the
> 2. A 7-foot off-guard? What's happened to Donnie Walsh's golden touch?

Of course, Bird might want to clear out just about everything, and keep only
a few of the most promising guys (as he sees it), and start over with some
cash free under the cap.  We'll see, I guess.  Overall, though, I'm having
trouble seeing "The Plan."  Maybe there isn't one, and this is just a big
mismanagement.  :-/