Larry, Larry ...

This Pacers implosion is amazing. Yeah, they're better
off getting Pollard for Miller instead of getting
nothing, but then to trade Turkoglu and Mercer for the
rights to D Ferry? It's not like that salary dump is
going to gain them that much room under the cap ... or
like there are any attractive FAs left. Ironic that
had they been able to move Mercer sooner they might
have kept Miller.

If I were Bird I'd be tearing my hair out. You don't
let an All-Star center walk because your owners don't
want to pay the luxury tax. Miller, O'Neal, Artest,
Harrington, Reggie and Tinsley still would form the
core of a team that's as talented as any in the east.
Now there are big holes. I read on the Indy Star site
that they moved Mercer because they think Bender can
play the 2. A 7-foot off-guard? What's happened to
Donnie Walsh's golden touch?