Re: Clarification on Hunter

At 09:41 AM 7/22/2003 -0400, Eggcentric@xxxxxxx wrote:
''... they haven't picked up his option yet ...'' - Kim (on JR Bremer)

So then who are the thirteen players Danny refers to as already
signed?

Bremer I expect. I can't find anything saying they exercised it and there's not a money amount included anywhere, but when I checked the salary cap FAQ, which indicates that options have to be exercised by July 1. The problem with that is that I KNOW they had an Aug 1 deadline with Cook last year, but that was slightly different circumstances, which may have made a difference. There may have been an extended exercise date in his contract to take them past summer league. So maybe it's a matter of they exercised it but there's been no agreement on salary and that's why it doesn't appear anywhere. Or they haven't, but Danny's speaking as if they have for whatever reason. Dunno.

''We like Brandon, and with what we have now, he would be the 14th
guy.  I liked what I saw, but summer league is a whole different world
from NBA ball.''  - Danny (Herald, 7/21)

Baker, Banks, Battie, Blount, Brown, Delk, McCarty, Perkins, Pierce,
Sundov, Walker, and Williams make 12;  Bremer makes 13.

And please help me out with this one.

< Though he didn't refer to Hunter specifically when he said it, Ainge
was clearly bracing for a fresh round of negotiations.  Hunter is
reportedly seeking a contract worth $300,000 for his rookie year. >
- Herald, 7/21

Isn't the NBA minimum salary $367,000?  Is Ainge bracing for a
struggle to negotiate Hunter's demands upward by $67,000? Geeesh!

Yes it is. I doubt it re: Ainge - note that the 300k figure is not said to be from Ainge, who I would presume knows the rules. The Herald may have made an error or have been using the sort of shorthand people do - where anything between 300k and 400k is referred to as 300k. Sorry, not accountable for what others say - you could contact the Herald and drive them crazy about it, although I wouldn't if that's from a Bulpett article (too lazy to look it up) as he usually gets things right and so doesn't deserve harassment. Otherwise cry havoc and let slip the dogs of Egg