You Can Make The Case Based On Recent Proceedings....

That the Celtics may have been better off eschewing the Banks trade and
keeping the 16 and 20th picks. While Banks may be a solid player (he's
not All-World or an All Star yet as some posters imply he'll be - hell,
based on the Summer League proceedings, that status fits firmly in the
long reach of John Salmons), the same assesment of solidity seems to
apply to both Barbosa and Planinic.

Had the Celtics kept 16, they could have taken the wonderous (from
recent reports) Carbakapa or Lampe and let Planinic and Barbosa fight it
out for the 20th spot and actually had a better draft.

This is certainly not hindsight on my regard, as I vociferiously
questioned the Banks trade when it was made.

Ray