Re: Walter: Not that talented actually.

At 07:30 PM 7/20/03 -0400, Kim Malo wrote:

>Mmmm, I like the Batman myself ...
>Kim

I've never considered myself well-informed enough to judge basketball
talent beyond personal opinion, but as a longtime comics fan and writer,
let me thank Kim for correctly referring to Gotham City's defender as "the"
Batman.  :>)

What the heck, I'm a fan of Battie for the way he loiters under the hoop
when his teammates are content at the arc.  I also platonically appreciate
Waltah.

I'm in no condition to attend a game (even if I lived someplace besides
Florida, where most people like the sport with the brown ovoid ball), but I
saw a few seconds of Banks running to the hoop for two.  My thought was,
"Please, Danny--after all the grousing (is that word allowed under current
ownership) about the teams lack of running, hire this guy."

I'm real jealous of the fact that the members in Boston get to meet and
attend summer league games, etc.  If I win the lottery, I'll sponsor a
group trip, just so I can meet some of you.  You'll recognize me
easily.  I'm 3' tall, white fur, black ears, and I'll be munching a
chocolate chip cookie while complaining about the refs.  :>)

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle