From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Mark Piotrowski
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:11 AM
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Bremer trade?

Let  me start off with that I'm a Bremer fan.  But Banks looks to be
the future of the PG slot.  I know its early, just 3 summer league
games, but this kid looks legit.

And it almost looked like Bremer could tell his days are numbered
last night.  It might just be that he's not real intereted in a
summer league game, but man did he look out of sync.

I would be in favor of trying to move him to a team looking for a PG
(perhaps for a SG) then trying to add a Vet PG (MJax or Hardaway) to
tutor Banks.

Maybe Indiana -- who are rumored to be looking for some PG insurance
for when Tinsley goes off, would go for a trade of:

Bremer + Sundov + Eric Williams (a Bird favorite, IIRC) for (old
friend) Ron Mercer
[all 4 players are FA's after next year]

Mercer was my favorite Celtic while on the team, I was always sad
that he left.  I think he'd be great filling the wing on the 2nd team
with Banks & Delk; and would probably not clash as much with Pierce
now that its established PP is the star.  Doing a 3-for-1 would also
let us keep Hunter as the 12th man (baker is the 13th, come on) and
give us a much more balanced lineup, with reasonalby talented backups
at each position.

Banks -- Vet PG (MJax?) -- Delk
Pierce -- Mercer -- (Delk)
Kedrick -- McCarty (god forbid)