RE: Hunter etc.

To me is smells like some McCarty, Bremer, Brown moves in the making?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kestutis Kveraga
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:33 AM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Hunter etc.

Now, I don't know want to jump on Ainge for dumping Hunter and adding Waltuh
and some guy named Batiste before it actually happens, but you have to
wonder
why Hunter's being downplayed so much. Do the Boston basketball media take
direct orders from the Celtics management, or is it more subtle than that -
wink-wink comment, a seat  by DA's side, a scrap of food, a veiled threat
here
and there? (Perhaps Egg can enlighten us on that - or am I again asking in
vain?). As someone already noted, after performances by Banks and Hunter
like
last night's, the major news this morning was that Ainge was trying to
appease
both McCarty and Obie with a better offer to the former. Here's the extent
of
May's mention of last night's performance:

"Kedrick Brown (Mr. July) had 17 points in the third quarter as the Celtics
overcame an 8-point halftime deficit and trounced the Knicks, 96-78, last
night. Brown finished with 27 points and rookie Marcus Banks had 22 points,
10
assists, 6 rebounds, and 8 turnovers. The Celtics are 2-1 and play
Philadelphia
tonight. "

No mention of the 26 points, 12 rebounds and 2 blocks submitted by Hunter
while
thoroughly outplaying the #9 pick.  I guess that just never happened as far
as
the Celtics management and the big dailies are concerned. I'll have to check
the Celtics website to see whether there's still any trace of Hunter ever
being
associated with the Celtics. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out his
picture, blotted out any mention of him in the programs with a black marker,
and shot his relatives or at least sent them to Siberia - the standard
treatment for "enemies of the people" under Stalin.  Who's running this
franchise - Obie? Walker? Did Hunter not compliment Pagliuca's bitchin' game
enough or something? Are they afraid he'll outplay our team leader veteran
All-Star PF in the 6 minutes that he gets? What's going on here?! I need
some
insight into DA's thinking, if he's still running this team.
Kestas