Re: Bremer trade?

--- You wrote:
Bremer + Sundov + Eric Williams (a Bird favorite, IIRC) for (old friend) Ron
Mercer
[all 4 players are FA's after next year]
--- end of quote ---

I like it. Mercer would be perfect coming off the bench as the designated wing
scorer with Banks running the show, and is a natural fast-break player. He's
like Kedrick, but with a far more reliable mid-range J (and less rebounding and
D). But would Obie play him, since he's not known for his defense and can't
shoot the 3? (Funny how it always comes back to this question, isn't it?). I
hate Obie already, in anticipation of his squashing Banks's effervescent game,
staffing (through his bitching and moaning to DA) the team with the same old
retreads, and running the same ugly so-called offense. As long as DA allows
ObieWalker to hold the team hostage, we'll get nowhere, no matter whom Ainge
acquires via draft, signing or trade.
Kestas