From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 7:57 AM
Subject: Hunter odds still low

> I expected this morning's Globe to report, "Ainge, O'Brien excited over
Hunter's potential."  Instead, I saw that the offer to McCarty has been
"sweetened."  Ah, the Celtic dilemma.  Wish I could explain it--our
predeliction for "unique" players like McCarty and Sundov over basketball
players.  I'll try to watch and wait.  Truth is that I haven't seen Hunter
play, but I certainly have seen what McCarty and Sundov have to offer and it
is negligible on a good day.  We are the only team that wants McCarty.  The
only one!!  And we have sweetened the offer.  As Paul Harvey would sign off
" . . . good day!"  Gene