re: strangley i think we have kidd...

>But Banks forces the issue. Its not just that Banks is fast, its his style.
>Its postively Jason Kidd like. Almost no one in the NBA plays like that but
>Kidd. GP will run some too, but I stil see him more as a
>penetrator/dish type of point.

Pete,

i was thinking the exact thing last night, specifically that Banks
seemed to have the knack to be in the right place to start the break
after EVERY rebound -- even when we don't end up running.  I didn't
think to keep my eye on him as the shot went up, but whenever someone
would come down with a rebound it's like he had figured where to be
to make the outlet pass the easiest for the rebounder -- much like
master rebounders like Rodman figure out where the ball will carom
off, he looked to figure where the outlet pass would be coming from.

Kidd is an absolute master at this, and I think its second only to
his vision that makes him the best PG in the game.  And Banks seems
pretty skilled at it too.

What it means is that the C's can start running when only the
opposing guards are back on D, creating easy opportunities.  Contrast
that to last year when just about every rebound was followed by a PG
(Bremer, Delk, Walker) having to slowly weave through players to come
back to the rebounder.  By the time we started back up court (again
usually slowly) the entire other team would be at least back and
usually set up.

its these little nuances, more than the flash (which I also love),
that make me giddy when thinking about Banks during the regular
season.  I just pray that O'Brien (or Walker) won't hold him back.  I
think Pierce is going to love getting out and run -- I look forward
to saving some wear and tear on his body for the 4th quarters and
playoff time!

(the other) mark

p.s. did you see the little crossover then backwards-through the legs
dribble Banks used to split the defenders and get into the lane late
in last night's game?  I don't care that he ended up missing the
shot, that move alone was worth it.