Strangely I think we have Kidd to thank for Banks

People have drawn alot of comparisons between Banks and other NBA players.
Tim Hardaway (because of his size and crossover) Kenny Anderson (because of
his wicked handle) Darrell Armstrong (because of his high energy)...

But in my mind he seems to play quite a bit like Jason Kidd. Don't get me
wrong I think Kidd is the better passer.. But Banks plays that kind of game. He
seems like he really loves to push it up the court. Sounds simple but few teams
try to run, and even fewer succeed.

And I got to thinking..hmm.
Danny Ainge ex celt... You would think he would be drafting guys like
Collison (Larry Bird esque) or acquiring guys like Kandiman (Parish like). But in
reality I think Kidd is his biggest influence not the Celtics.

I think it was Kidd's play that made Danny love the fast break style and the
relentless advancement of the ball. The Celts would run the break..but more an
opportunistic style.

But Banks forces the issue. Its not just that Banks is fast, its his style.
Its postively Jason Kidd like. Almost no one in the NBA plays like that but
Kidd. GP will run some too, but I stil see him more as a penetrator/dish type of
point.

It will be interesting to see if Banks can carry over his fast breaking style
to the NBA. The summer league is often filled with athletes without much
skill. (cept for the Celtics roster of white guys and a few players heh)

I am actually looking forward to next year now. Alright DA!

Pete