Re: NY Daily News - Basketball - Antoine trade isn't dead yet

In a message dated 7/15/03 7:46:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Eggcentric@xxxxxxx writes:

> Arguably, Ainge's two favorite players over Banks in the draft (aside from
> the first three biggies) were Bosh and Sweetney.  But Sweetney has now
> officially been signed by the Knicks which means he cannot now be traded for
> several months.  Meanwhile we went ahead and drafted a PG and are
considering
> adding E. Strickland as the final piece to our 2003-04 thirteen-man puzzling
> roster. At some point Ainge must realize he can't have it both ways. He must
> either bow to the owners' wishes to remain a playoff team while he slowly
and
> conservatively tiptoes around attempting to integrate his own system, or he
must
> disregard their wishes, clean house,  and boldly start over from ground zero
> in hopes of creating the eventual juggernaut of his and our future dreams.
>
> One or the other, Danny.  It's your choice... or is it?

Can you please cite the source of the  "we are considering Erick Strickland
as the final piece of the 13 man roster" comment?

Pierce was quoted in one of today's Boston papers as saying HE'd like to see
Ainge sign ES because ES is a friend of his but I haven't read anything that
referenced the C's are considering signing him. And it doesn't make sense to
do
so unless there might be a deal on the table involving either Delk or Bremer.

CeltsSteve