Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Banks the boss

At 07:41 AM 7/15/2003 -0400, Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:
Another interesting post from BlackCeltic who was at the game. Seems Banks is
really a take charge guy from this post and from the comments in today's
paper. I imagine we are going to see at least one dustup between Walker and Banks
this year as to who is running the offense...

Yup, but that dust up was inevitable no matter who they tried to put in at the point. That's why I've never agreed with talk by some of all we need is a truel PG. Not true - we need one willing and able to stand up to BOTH captains and let them know they are not always going to get the ball, then make it stick. That's part of why I liked some of the cockiness talk I was hearing about Banks. It's not always a bad thing.

And thanks to Ryan for posting the gushes about his defense in another post. One of the things they really praised about Banks WAS his D when we drafted him, but there's a huge divide between reading someone you don't know talking about defense against college talent and hearing a ng regular praise him for it against the larger Next Great Thing. Even just in summer league.

Kim. eagerly anticipating going to tomorrow night's games, even with Lebron not being there <g>