re: Brandon Hunter

I have not seen Hunter play, but my son has.  He said Hunter was a monster on the boards although their (DePaul's) big men held him in check.  I looked up that game;  Hunter went about 13 and 13 as I remember.  I expect he's good enough to make tenth man on a talent challenged NBA squad, one of which would be the Celts.  Or, in other words, he's a shorter, quicker, more hungry Songaila.  Can he make the Celtics?  I guess it would be good to take Paul's mantra:  "I watch . . . I learn."

Still, we might be pleasantly surprised.  Like Bob Ryan said in the Globe today--he didn't expect to ever see a complete player like Havlicek; two years later, there was Bird.  So, be open to the surprises of the future.  We're due a few pleasant ones.  Ha.  It begins tonight for three guys that may help us a lot.  Cheers, Gene