Re: something for you, mark

I caught this, Josh, and considered it the highlight of the press
conference. Of course, I wish Obie would have said it, but you can't have
everything.

They have to get the ball out of Antoine's hands. It's that simple. If Banks
can do it, and Obie allows it, great. But if they're just going to turn
Banks into Tony Delk or JR Bremer, standing on the opposite side of the
floor just waiting to take a kick-out jump shot, then we're right back where
we started. Antoine and Obie did it to Kenny Anderson, and Kenny certainly
had more cred in the NBA than Banks does.

But Ainge sees it. That's the great thing about this. He sees the problem
and he isn't going to let it continue. I think he has the same doubts about
Antoine changing that I have, and that's why he's shopping him so hard.
We'll see.

Mark

P.S. Two more things... When I compare Antoine's behavior as it relates to
Ainge vs. Pitino, I don't do it to denigrate Ainge at all. I'm thrilled with
what I'm hearing from Ainge. But how many players have made drastic career
changes because the GM or head of basketball operations changed? I just
think we're being unrealistic if we think Antoine is going to suddenly say
"Uh oh... Ainge is serious. I'd better get my act together."

The other thing... I haven't seen this posted, but in the print version of
The Sporting News, Sean Devaney quoted a Western Conference GM as saying
when the dust settles, Banks will be the best point guard to come out of
this draft. It's nice to hear someone not drawing paychecks from the Celtics
say that.