Re: (no subject)

On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 07:15  PM, GuyClinch@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  He is incredibly efficent at getting to the line......
	Pete

***************
	Strip away everything else; the turnovers, the forced shots, the
excessive threes, the drives into traffic, the rebounds, the assists
the scoring and the main efficiency in Pierce's game, not found in
Walker's, is exactly as you said; trips to the line. If Pierce got the
same treatment from the ref's as Walker, how miserable would his
shooting % be?
	Why is this so? Lots of reasons, but among others, lets look at
personality. Paul came into the league as a shy, polite, kid, while
Walker showed  swagger and  bravado. Paul got lots of sympathy from
being stabbed and his amazing recovery, while Walker's scowl, petulance
and showboating, ired the officials.
	Well, guess what? Paul is no longer such a shy, polite kid. his own
scowling, whining and petulance may start getting under the zebra's
skin. Then where will he be? Another bozo with a below 40% shooting %?
	As for leadership, just who was screaming in whose face, to inspire
the great comeback against N.J., in the 2002 playoffs?
	I like both players, I think they should be kept together, as they are
among the most versatile combo in the league. With a true point guard,
both should improve their games and should not have to shoulder so much
of the load, which as I said earlier, causes most of their problems.
	Trading either one for less than good value, would be a huge mistake.
I want to see the team  reach championship level, but I want them to
improve each year, along the way, not fall back. That seems to be the
big challenge for Ainge.
	JB
******************
<... he is working with Tim Grover on his legs and his diet, as well as
the
general conditioning, to perhaps move over to the three >
-Unchain my heart

And where are the clowns
Quick, send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're here
Eggnoxious
****************
	As for calling other posters "clowns," because they disagree with you,
this reminds me why I don't post here often and won't be looking to
come back anytime soon.
	You should at least, have  the integrity to quote completely:
  "I'd take Antoine at his word. He wants to finish his career in
Boston. He has kept his mouth shut this off-season and for all we are
led to believe, he is working with Tim Grover on his legs and his diet,
as well as the general conditioning, to perhaps move over to the three,
or at least to add quickness and leaping ability to his play in the
post."

	Emmit Kelly
	Unchain My Heart!